Rep. Upton, Chairman of the powerful House Energy and Commerce Committee has been leading the effort to undermine the Clean Air Act and weaken key safeguards on public health. There has been tremendous opposition to his efforts in Michigan:
- More than two thirds of his constituents oppose his efforts.
- More than 170 Michigan scientists have signed a letter against his policies.
- The American Lung Association has billboard advertisements urging him not to weaken the Clean Air Act.
State and local leaders should add their voices to this overwhelming public outcry. Furthermore, as elected leaders, they have a responsibility and obligation to defend their constituents’ health and wellbeing.
State Senators in Rep. Upton’s district include:
- State Senator Rick Jones
- State Senator Tonya Schuitmaker
- State Senator Bruce Caswell
- State Senator John Proos
State Representatives in Rep. Upton’s district include:
- State Rep. Margaret O’Brien
- State Rep. Sean McCann
- State Rep. Jase Bolger
- State Rep. Robert Genetski II
- State Rep. Al Pscholka
- State Rep. Sharon Tyler
- State Rep. Matt Lori
- State Rep. Aric Nesbitt