WASHINGTON (June 30, 2020) — The NRDC Action Fund, a national environmental advocacy organization, today announced its endorsement of nine (9) more candidates for the U.S. House and Senate. The newly endorsed candidates are:
- Anthony Brindisi (D-N.Y.) (Candidate for the 22nd Congressional District)
- Matt Cartwright (D-Penn.) (Candidate for the 8th Congressional District)
- Maine House Speaker Sara Gideon (Candidate for U.S. Senate in Maine)
- Susie Lee (D-Nev.) (Candidate for the 3rd Congressional District)
- Elaine Luria (D-Va.) (Candidate for the 2nd Congressional District)
- Katie Porter (D-Calif.) (Candidate for 45th Congressional District)
- Harley Rouda (D-Calif.) (Candidate for 48th Congressional District)
- Elissa Slotkin (D-Mich.) (Candidate for 8th Congressional District)
- Haley Stevens (D-Mich.) (Candidate for the 11th Congressional District)
Kevin S. Curtis, executive director of the NRDC Action Fund, issued the following statement:
“We’re excited to lend our support to these environmental champions who are standing up to President Trump’s deadly anti-science and anti-environment agenda. We need to make Trump a one-term president, but we also need to make sure Joe Biden has a strongly pro-environment House and Senate that will work with his administration to grow clean energy jobs and protect public health by holding polluters accountable.”
The NRDC Action Fund has launched its largest-ever electoral effort to support pro-environment federal candidates and turn out the vote in key states on Election Day. The NRDC Action Fund PAC is also supporting GiveGreen, a platform for environmentally minded political donors that has raised more than $50 million for climate champions over the last few political cycles.
The 9 new endorsees join 19 previously-announced candidate endorsements. More endorsements are expected throughout the summer.
This is a release from the NRDC Action Fund, which is an affiliated but separate organization from the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC). The two organizations’ names may not be used interchangeably. As a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization, the NRDC Action Fund engages in various advocacy and political activities for which the Natural Resources Defense Council, a 501(c)(3) organization, faces certain legal limitations or restrictions. Learn more at www.nrdcactionfund.org and follow us on Twitter at @NRDC_AF.