WASHINGTON (June 12, 2020) — The NRDC Action Fund, a national environmental advocacy organization, today announced its endorsement of 11 more candidates for the U.S. House and Senate. The newly endorsed candidates are:
- Rep. Sean Casten (D-Ill.)
- Rep. Gil Cisneros (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Jason Crow (D-Colo.)
- Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.)
- Theresa Greenfield (Democratic nominee for the U.S. Senate in Iowa)
- Rep. Mike Levin (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Ben Ray Lujan (Democratic nominee for the U.S. Senate in N.M.)
- Sen. Gary Peters (D-Mich.)
- Assemblywoman Christy Smith (Democratic nominee for the U.S. House in CA-25)
- Sen. Tina Smith (D-Minn.)
- Rep. Susan Wild (D-Pa.)
Kevin S. Curtis, executive director of the NRDC Action Fund, issued the following statement:
“Protecting people from dirty air, polluted water and runaway climate change requires electing lawmakers who will put public health above polluter profits. We’re proud to endorse these candidates because they will fight to create clean energy jobs, restore common–sense environmental safeguards and protect America’s treasured wild places and wildlife.”
The NRDC Action Fund, which earlier announced its endorsement of seven other House and Senate candidates, has launched its largest-ever electoral effort to support pro-environment federal candidates and turn out the vote in key states on Election Day.
The NRDC Action Fund PAC is also supporting GiveGreen, a platform for environmentally minded political donors that raised more than $23 million for its preferred candidates in the 2018 political cycle.